- Overview & Objectives
- Club Policies
- Strategic Plan
- Where We Ski
- Club Clothing
- Exec Meeting Minutes
- AGM Minutes
A major source of club funds is the annual raffle. Each family in the club is asked to sell a minimum of one booklet to help raise funds. The raffle is necessary in order for us to qualify for lottery funding.
In order to simplify the collection of raffle funds and ensure that every family contributes equally, a raffle fee is charged at registration time that covers the cost of one booklet for the family, which is recouped by selling a raffle booklet. The booklets are mailed out early in the season for you to sell and then return the stubs in the self-addressed, stamped envelope provided. If you do not wish to sell raffle tickets, then "purchase" the raffle tickets for your own family by entering your own information into the tickets. All raffle booklet stubs must be returned. Since the raffle fee covers the cost of the tickets sold, you keep the collected funds to cover that cost. You will be able request additional raffle tickets to sell if you wish.
Generous sponsors donate outstanding prizes to help make this a success. And without our hardworking fundraising committee, we wouldn't have a raffle. Thanks to all!
The club also receives funds from the following sources:
- Government lottery funds
- Corporate sponsors - contact the club at email@example.com for more info
Here are some of the items that fundraising helps pay for:
- Coach and officials training. All coaches are volunteers and, in order to provide the club with a good program, the coaches need regular training. The club also organizes or assists in organizing several cross country ski competitions over a season that require trained officials.
- Staffing. As the club has grown, in order to be successful, we have found a need to start paying for some positions, like a head coach and a part-time registrar.
- Equipment. This not only includes items like our skating skis, ski poles and wax, but also administrative items like computers, software, our web site and equipment used for club events and ski competitions.
- Travel. This includes the subsidies for the race team trips and for expenses for the executive members attending the annual Cross Country B.C. Club Workshop and AGM.
Thanks to all of our sponsors!