- Track Attack
- Race Team
- Graduate Coaching
- Adult Programs
- Other Clubs
- Program Schedule
2012/13 Program Schedule
The Club's ski season revolves around the actual Jackrabbit sessions which commence on December 8th, 2012 and end on February 23rd, 2013 (see details below). We do, however, have many other events happening over the season. Check the Season Overview for specific dates.
- Club members like to be on the tracks skiing as soon as Cypress opens, which we hope will be by early December. Our Racing Team and Track Attack hit the trails as soon as the mountain is open. The cross country area typically opens well before the downhill area is ready.
- As early as October and November, with the Community Coaching Workshops for new coaches and officials courses, training starts for club volunteers.
- The club has a ski swap on November 4, hosted by Sigge's at 2077 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver. Watch our club calendar and your e-mail for further details.
- In late December, Cypress puts on two great family events: Breakfast with Santa and the New Year's Family BBQ. Both events are favourites of Club members so come out and join the fun.
- This year's Sigge's P'ayakentsut will take place at Whistler Olympic Park on February 23, 2013. It consists of a fun ski tournament for kids and youth and a loppet for older teens and adults. This event is part of the club program and all families, parents included, are encouraged to participate. Parents, if you do not wish to enter the event, please volunteer. Many hands are needed to make this event a success! Note that there will be a separate registration and entry fee for this event, however the kids' fee is normally paid for by the club.
- The club helps organize and participates in Coast Cup #1 on December 2, 2012. The club will also be helping out with the 2013 Haywood Ski Nationals that takes place on March 23-30, 2013. We will need everyone helping out to make these events a success so mark these dates on your calendar!
- The season will wrap up with the volunteer appreciation evening in March or April.
Weekend Sessions for the Jackrabbit program are as follows:
- Saturdays 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Dec 8, 15, Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16, 23*
- Sundays 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Dec 9, 16, Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 23*
- Sundays 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.: Dec 9, 16, Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 23*
Jackbunny morning sessions are on the same days but 9:15 - 11:15 a.m. and afternoon sessions are 1:15 - 3:15 p.m.
Track Attack morning sessions are mornings only (no afternoon sessions), starting as soon as Cypress Cross Country opens.
Weeknight Sessions for the Jackrabbit Level 3 and 4, Track Attack and Adventurers programs are as follows:
- Wednesdays 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.: Dec 12, 19, Jan 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20
- Thursdays 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.: Dec 13, 20, Jan 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb 7, 14, 21
Attending the weeknight sessions for Level 3/4, Track Attack and Adventurers is optional (but strongly encouraged). The fees remain the same even if these weeknight sessions are not attended.
The Racing Team has additional weekend and weeknight sessions, with Performance Racing training up to five days a week year-round.
* Saturday, February 23rd is the date of Sigge's P'ayakentsut at Whistler Olympic Park and the club will be fully participating in this Olympic Legacy event. As such there will be no sessions organized at Cypress on February 23rd or 24th.