- Track Attack
- Race Team
- Graduate Coaching
- Adult Programs
- Other Clubs
- Program Schedule
2015/16 Program Schedule
The Club's ski season revolves around the actual Jackrabbit sessions which commence on December 5th, 2015 and end on February 28th, 2016. We do, however, have many other events happening over the season please see 2015/16 Season Overview (all dates subject to change).
- Club members like to be on the tracks skiing as soon as Cypress opens, which we hope will be by early December. Our Racing Team and Track Attack hit the trails as soon as the mountain is open. The cross country area typically opens well before the downhill area is ready.
- As early as October and November, with the Community Coaching Workshops for new coaches and officials courses, training starts for club volunteers.
- The club will again be taking part in Coast Cups 2 and 3 at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP). The Saturday skiers will take part in Coast Cup #2, on Saturday, January 30 and the Sunday skiers will take part in Coast Cup #3, on Sunday, January 31. However skiers are welcome to and encouraged to take part in both days' races. These events are hosted by the Whistler Nordics and Spud Valley Nordics. Bunnies, who may be too young to enter the events, will still have a session at WOP. A separate registration is required and the club will likely subsidize the registration fees again.
- The club has a ski swap on November 1 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m., hosted by Sigge's at 2077 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver. Watch our club calendar and your e-mail for further details.
- In late December, Cypress puts on two great family events: Breakfast with Santa and the New Year's Family BBQ. Both events are favourites of Club members so come out and join the fun.
- This year's Sigge's P'ayakentsut will take place at Whistler Olympic Park on February 27 and 28, 2016. It consists of a fun ski tournament for kids and youth (Sunday, February 28) and a loppet for older teens and adults (Saturday, February 27). This event is part of the club program and all families, parents included, are encouraged to participate. Parents, if you do not wish to enter the event, please volunteer (or ski the event Saturday and volunteer for the kids' program Sunday). Many hands are needed to make this event a success! Note that there will be a separate registration and entry fee for this event, however the kids' fee is normally paid for by the club.
- The club helps organize and participates in Coast Cup #1 on November 29, 2015. We will need everyone helping out to make this event a success so mark the date on your calendar!
- This season, on March 4-6, the club will host the BC Championships, the first time in 36 years that this event has been held on the coast. In 1980 it was held in Manning Park. This is the week after the P'ayak and a great way to end the season with a bang!
- The season will wrap up with the volunteer appreciation evening (date tba).
Weekend Sessions for the Jackrabbit program are as follows: See updated Schedule
- Saturdays 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Dec 5, 12, 193 ,Jan 2, 9, 16, 23, 301, Feb 6, 13, 20, 272
- Sundays 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Dec 6, 13, 203, Jan 3, 10, 17, 24, 311, Feb 7, 14, 21, 282
- Sundays 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.: Dec 6, 13, 203 ,Jan 3, 10, 17, 24, 311, Feb 7, 14, 21, 282
Jackbunny morning sessions are on the same days but 9:15 - 11:15 a.m. and afternoon sessions are 1:15 - 3:15 p.m.
Track Attack sessions are mornings only (no afternoon sessions), starting as soon as Cypress Cross Country opens.
Weeknight Sessions for the Jackrabbit Level 3 and 4, Track Attack and Adventurers programs are as follows:
- Tuesdays 4:30 - 5:45 p.m. (Jackrabbit Level 3/4 only): Dec 15, Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16, Mar 2
- Wednesdays 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.: Dec 16, Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, Mar 3
- Thursdays 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.: Dec 17, Jan 7, 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, 18, Mar 4
Attending the weeknight sessions for Level 3/4, Track Attack and Adventurers is optional (but strongly encouraged). The fees remain the same even if these weeknight sessions are not attended.
The Racing Team has additional weekend and weeknight sessions, with Performance Racing training up to five days a week year-round.
The Adult/Masters program will be skiing Sundays from 9:00 p.m.-12:00 noon and Thursdays from 7:00-9:00 p.m. There are also Tuesday Night Races which you can enter on your own.
1 Saturday, January 30 is Coast Cup #2 and Sunday, January 31 is Coast Cup #3 at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP). These are fun races that the club will take part in, in lieu of sessions at Cypress. Participation, not competition, is emphasized. Bunnies that are too young too participate in these events (4-year-olds) will still have a session at WOP. Children (and their parents) will have the option of skiing in one or both of these events. Note, a separate registration and fee will be required. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the dates of the events.
2 Sunday, February 28 is the date of Sigge's P'ayakentsut children's program at Whistler Olympic Park and the club will be fully participating in this Olympic Legacy event. The 15, 30 and 50 km loppets for adults and teens takes place on Saturday, February 27. As such there will be no sessions organized at Cypress on February 27 or 28. See the Payak website for further details. Note, a separate registration and fee will be required for this event. There will be no session for 4-year-old bunnies this weekend. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the dates of the events.
3 Saturday, December 19 and Sunday, December 20 -- there will be regular Jackrabbit and Track Attack sessions at Cypress if there is snow! If there is no snow at Cypress these sessions will be cancelled -- we will not be travelling to Whistler.