In addition to the membership and program fees, the club also receives funds from the following sources:
- Government lottery funds
- Corporate and private sponsors – contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
Here are some of the items that the funds help pay for:
- Coach and officials training. All coaches are volunteers and, in order to provide the club with a good program, the coaches need regular training. The club also organizes or assists in organizing several cross country ski competitions over a season that require trained officials.
- Staffing. As the club has grown, in order to be successful, we have found a need to start paying for some positions, such as part-time coaches and a part-time registrar and administrator.
- Equipment. This not only includes items like our skating skis, ski poles and wax, but also administrative items like computers, software, our web site and equipment used for club events and ski competitions.
- Travel. This includes the subsidies for the race team trips and for expenses for the executive members attending the annual Cross Country B.C. Club Workshop and AGM.
- Competition and Clothing Subsidies. In order to keep children involved and excited about being part of the club, and to encourage their participation in the sport outside of the regular sessions, the club often subsidizes some events and club clothing.
Thanks to all of our sponsors!
We’re raising funds to support training for our volunteer coaches, purchase skate gear for younger athletes, maintain our wax hut, and help our race team realize their goals with funding assistance for races. We’re also planning to expand our community outreach to make it easier for disadvantaged youth in the area to get into cross country skiing.
Cross country skiing is seeing such great momentum in our region. Ten years ago Whistler Olympic Park opened for the 2010 Olympics! Hollyburn is part of CVXC and we are bidding for 2022 Nationals and the 2023 World Juniors U23 to be held at WOP!
We are fortunate to have an awesome Hollyburn supporter who has offered to donate $5k if we reach $10k as a club — so please give generously and help boost our very special community!