Taking a break!
We are looking for an experienced Administrator/Bookkeeper!
This paid part-time position is responsible for the handling of all Administration and book-keeping functions for the Hollyburn Cross Country Ski club. Some of the duties include setup and management of all membership and race team registrations using zone4, preparing grant submissions, reconciling accounts and supporting the club’s coordinators and executive, as required.
- Primary responder to all emails regarding registration, zone4 setup, expense claims
- Set up and management of zone4 registrations (Membership, Race Team trips, clothing, etc)
- Bookkeeper functions in Quickbooks (bill entry/pymt, bank deposits, reconcile bank stmts to zone4 stmts, invoice preparation, etc.)
- Support Coaching coordinator (prepare teen contracts, organize Criminal Record checks, set up Nordic lab subscriptions, etc.)
- Support JR/TA coordinators (Teamsnap setup, organize waitlist, emails)
- Reconcile Race Team statements
- Grant writing and submission (i.e.Gaming Grants/BC Hosting Grants)
- Prepare financial reports (and support) to Treasurer
- Proven experience as an office administrator/assistant
- Knowledge of or experience with Hollyburn would be an asset
- Experience with Quickbooks and double entry accounting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Able to produce and interpret financial reports, as required
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word), experience in Zone4 would be an asset
If you are interested in the role but feel you do not have the time or skills to perform both the administrator and the bookkeeper duties together, please reach out to us. We would consider tailoring the role for the right candidate!
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10th, 2023.
2022/23 Teck Coast Cup Series Concluded
The Teck Coast Cup Series concluded for the season with Teck Coast Cup #2 and #3 on Feb 11th and 12th at Strathcona Nordic Ski Club at Mt. Washington. Amazing to see so many club members travel to the Island! Hollyburn was awarded the aggregate award for the series. Thanks to all the racers, coaches, and volunteers for supporting the event. For more details and photos see the press release from Cross Country BC.
2023 Teck BC Track Attack Championships
The Larch Hills Nordic Society hosted the 2023 Teck BC Track Attack Championships at the end of January, in Salmon Arm, BC. Hollyburn athletes tied for first place for the club aggregate award with Telemark Nordic Club! Huge congratulations to all! Our club had 52 skiers, and it was great to have such a big number of skiers (including a few 2013 JR4); the conditions were sunny and very cold, but everyone skied well and had a great time. The costume relay was a blast, as expected. For more information, read the press release.
Teck Coast Cup #1
Teck Coast Cup #1 is being held at Whistler Olympic Park on Sunday, Dec. 18th.
PLEASE NOTE: The race distances for this event have changed. Please see the updated race notice for details.
viaSport Event Feature: 2016 Teck BC Championships
The following video feature was made by viaSport when Hollyburn hosted the 2016 BC Championships.
Check the Cypress Mountain Nordic Conditions as well. Only if the Nordic area is closed will scheduled program sessions be cancelled.