Club members like to be on the tracks skiing as soon as Cypress opens, which we hope will be by early December. Our Racing Team and Track Attack hit the trails as soon as the mountain is open.
Jackrabbit, Jackbunny, and Adventurers weekend sessions commence in early December and end in March. Check the Club Calendar (and Upcoming Events on our home page), which will be updated regularly with events happening over the season. Note, all dates are subject to change.
Please note that the COVID-19 pandemic may impact the program schedule or club events. We will try to inform club members by email as soon as possible of any changes. Also keep an eye on the club website for updates.
Below are some of the activities club members take part in during a typical ski season. See the Club Calendar for specific dates.
- Training for volunteers starts in the fall, with the Community Coaching Workshops for new coaches and officials courses for those planning on helping out at our races/events.
- The club has a ski swap that takes place at the HCCSC AGM in October.
- The club helps organize and participates in Teck Coast Cup #1, the first club race of the season, which takes place on either the last Sunday in November or a Sunday in December. We will need everyone helping out to make this event a success.
- The club will take part in one or moreTeck Coast Cup events at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP) each season instead of our regular sessions at Cypress. This normally takes place on a late January or early February weekend.
- At the end of December the club hosts a Lantern Ski, which is a great opportunity to experience a magical evening on the mountain.
- In late December, Cypress puts on two great family events: Breakfast with Santa and the New Year’s Family Barbecue. Both events are favourites of club members so come out and join the fun. Cypress also hosts a Nordic Spring Fest late in the season, which includes their famous Hollyburn Dummy Jump.
- The Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut (“Payak”) will take place at Whistler Olympic Park on the first Saturday in March. There are 15, 30 and 50 km loppets, starting at 10:00 a.m. with the 50, and a Payak Mini loppet for children aged 5-12 in the afternoon starting at 1:00 p.m. Club members are encouraged to attend and details will be sent out as we near the date.
- The season will wrap up with the volunteer appreciation evening.
Weekend Program Sessions
Jackbunny, Jackrabbit, Track Attack, Adventurers
- Saturdays AM (approx 9-11:30 a.m.)
Dec 4, 11, Jan 8, 15*, 22, 29, Feb 5, 12, 19, 26*, Mar 5
- Sundays AM (approx 9-11:30 a.m) and PM (approx 1-3:30 p.m.)
- Dec 5, 12, Jan 9, 16*, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, Mar 6
- Jackbunny sessions are on the same days but are two hours (time to be confirmed).
- Track Attack sessions are mornings only (no afternoon sessions), starting as soon as Cypress Cross Country opens.
- Teck BC Cup #1 is on Jan 15th and 16th and the Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut (“Payak”) is on Feb 26th, at WOP. These events are part of the club program in lieu of regular sessions at Cypress and are open to skiers from both Saturday and Sunday sessions. There will be no coaching support for the Payak. Click on the drop-down below for details regarding these special event days.
Special Events Details
Teck Coast Cups #1 and #2
Sunday, December 19th is the date of Teck Coast Cup #1 and Sunday, January 2nd is the date of Teck Coast Cup #2 at Whistler Olympic Park. The club will be fully participating in these events. Members are encouraged to sign up for all of these Coast Cup races and a separate registration and fee will be required for each. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the dates of the events.
Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut
Saturday, February 26th is the date of the Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut (Payak) at WOP and the club will be fully participating in this Olympic Legacy event. The 15, 30 and 50 km loppets for adults and teens takes place in the morning followed by the kids’ Payak Mini (minimum age 5 years) in the afternoon. Parents (and their friends and family) are encouraged to either take part in the loppet or volunteer for the event. Note, a separate registration and fee will be required for the Payak. There will be no coaching support. Details will be sent out to club members as we near the dates of the event.
Weeknight Program Sessions
Jackrabbit Level 3 and 4, Track Attack, Adventurers
- Tuesdays 5:00 – 6:15 p.m. (Jackrabbit Level 3/4 and Track Attack only)
Dec 14*, Jan 4, 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 15, 22, Mar 1, 8
- Wednesdays 6:30 – 7:45 p.m.
Dec 15* Jan 5, 12, 19, 26 Feb 2, 16, 23, Mar 2, 9
- Thursdays 6:30 – 7:45 p.m.
Dec 16* Jan 6, 13, 20, 27 Feb 3, 17, 24, Mar 3, 10
* Sessions will be held once Cypress opens for night skiing. Watch Club Calendar for updates.
Attending the weeknight sessions for Level 3/4, Track Attack and Adventurers is optional but strongly encouraged. The fees remain the same even if these weeknight sessions are not attended.
The Race team has additional weekend and weeknight sessions, with Performance Racing training up to five days a week year-round.
The Adult/Masters program will be skiing Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. There are also Tuesday Night Races, which you can enter on your own.