Club fees are kept as low as possible but are required in order to pay for the operation of the club, insurance, Cross Country B.C. membership and coach training amongst other items. You can expect to pay the following fees:
- Membership Fee
This mandatory fee must be paid by each registering member, including program registrants, volunteers (including coaches and excluding those families who volunteer only) and bunny parents who ski with their children. Choose either the Family Membership option or the Individual Membership option. At least one adult per family must register as a club member. Memberships are non-transferable.
- Program Fee
Fees are charged for each of the programs that we offer. There is a discount for coaches, session coordinators and other key volunteers that register during the early registration period.
- Non-Volunteer Fee
The club relies on our volunteers and encourages at least one parent/guardian to help out in some capacity. We, however, understand that other life demands sometimes make it impossible to volunteer, which is why we have created a new option in our registration. Instead of volunteering, you can opt out by paying the non-volunteer fee. Parents skiing with Bunnies will be exempt from this.
- Trail Passes and Equipment Rental (Cypress)
These fees are set by and paid to Cypress Mountain directly. Cypress manages the cross country ski area and is completely independent from the Hollyburn Cross Country Ski Club. All coaches, bunny parents skiing with children and program participants must purchase trail passes from Cypress.
- Other Fees
Separate registrations and additional fees may be required for events that the club participates in, such as the Coast Cup races and Sigge’s P’ayakentsut. Although we strongly encourage club members to participate in these events as they are considered part of the club program, they are not mandatory.
Please note the following:
- In addition to anyone signing up for a club program, at least one adult per family must register as a member. For the Bunny program, this adult must be the one accompanying the child (this parent therefore cannot volunteer as a coach).
- Due to the additional skiing that they will be doing, Race team, Jackrabbit levels 3 and 4, Track Attack and Adventurer program registrants should purchase a season pass from Cypress. The nine-session pass will not suffice.
- There will be a 15% charge for refunds required due to errors made by the registrant during online registration. This is to cover the fees charged to the club by Zone4 and the credit card companies.
- A discount is offered during the early registration period only to volunteer coaches and other key volunteers. See your registration notification email for further details.
- If required, KidSport North Shore may be able to assist with funding of registration fees. Please visit their web site (click here) for further details and to submit a request.
2017/18 Club Fees
We have had a slight increase in the 2017/18 membership fees to reflect an increase in Cross Country Canada (CCC) and Cross Country BC fees as well as a loss of a CCC Zone4 subsidy.
|Family Membership (select either family membership or individual memberships, not both)||95.00|
|Individual Membership – Adult (19 and over)||28.00|
|Individual Membership – Child/Youth (18 and under)||28.00|
|Bunnies (10 sessions)||145.00|
|Jackrabbits Level 1 and 2 (9 Cypress and 2 Whistler Olympic Park race sessions)||155.00|
|Jackrabbits Level 3 and 4 (9 Cypress; 2 Whistler Olympic Park race and 10 mid-week sessions)||225.00|
|Track Attack (October to March, includes dry-land sessions)||265.00|
|Adventurers (9 Cypress; 2 Whistler Olympic Park race and 10 mid-week sessions)||200.00|
|Racing Teens (year-round)||330.00|
|Performance Racing Team (year-round)||600.00|
|Key Volunteer Discount||-$50 (per parent/guardian who is a key volunteer)|
2017/18 Cypress Mountain Fees
Information for purchasing the passes and rentals below (online) will be included in the final registration confirmation, which is sent out some time after registration closes once all of the registrations have been reviewed by the registrar. Rentals are for classic skis only; Cypress cannot guarantee skate equipment on a regular basis.
- Session time must be chosen at the time of purchase Sat AM, Sun AM or Sun PM.
- The passes are not valid during the weekends of Coast Cups 2 and 3 (including BC Cup 1), Coast Cup 4 or the P’ayak.
- Please note that the prices below do not include GST/PST.
Season pass information will be sent out in your registration notification emails. The club receives the group rate, which is normally the cheapest rate offered by Cypress, and you can purchase any of the passes that they offer at a group rate (including alpine).
|10 Cypress weekend sessions only – Fee|
(trail tickets and ski rental purchased directly from Cypress Mountain)
|Trail Passes – Ages 5 and under||25.00|
|Trail Passes – Ages 6 – 12||60.00|
|Trail Passes – Ages 13 – 18||75.00|
|Trail Passes – Coaches 18 and under||105.00|
|Trail Passes – Adult Coaches||161.00|
|Trail Passes – Bunny Parents (skiing with child)||172.50|
|Trail Passes + Ski, Pole, Boot Rental – Ages 5 and under||130.00|
|Trail Passes + Ski, Pole, Boot Rental for – Ages 6 – 12||165.00|
|Trail Passes + Ski, Pole, Boot Rental – Ages 13 – 18||222.00|
|Trail Passes + Ski, Pole, Boot Rental – Coaches 18 and under||252.00|
|Trail Passes + Ski, Pole, Boot Rental – Adult Coaches||308.00|
|Trail Passes + Ski, Pole, Boot Rental – Bunny Parents (skiing with child)||319.50|